The 2015 bond package, totaling $11,075,000, addresses the next phase in the district’s master plan and includes construction of new facilities and improvements to existing facilities that, if approved by voters, will provide a comprehensive site for the school district’s extracurricular and athletic programs.
EXTRACURRICULAR AND ATHLETIC FACILITIES
Currently, Whitney High School does not have an on-site competition stadium, baseball field or tennis courts. The district is proposing to construct new facilities at the WHS/WMS campus that will centralize events, keeping students on campus, eliminating transportation costs and promoting additional safety and security.
New Multi-Purpose Competition Stadium: $6,400,000
• A new multi-purpose, stadium constructed at the high school’s existing track and field facility, incorporating the track currently in place.
• The site will receive a new turf field, press box, field house and additional spectator seating for 2,500, as well as new and expanded concessions and restrooms.
• The facility will be used for various district programs such as football (high school and middle school), track, drill team, band competitions and various other extracurricular activities.
• Baker Field will remain available for community use and events.
New Baseball and Softball Complex: $3,000,000
• Construction of new baseball and softball fields
at the high school
• Each facility will receive new fields, a press box, lighting, shared concessions and restrooms, as well as spectator seating for 500 at each field.
• The existing baseball field will remain available for community use and events.
Four New Tennis Courts: $710,000
Additional parking will serve spectators at stadium events, as well as baseball, softball and tennis facilities. $965,000
WHITNEY INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT ©2015